GENERIC NAME: Gabapentin
BRAND NAME: Neurontin
Capsules: 1 caps. – 100 mg, 300 mg, 400 mg
Tablets: 1 tabl- 600 mg, 800 mg
Buy Neurontin online at affordable prices on our site, in the reliable pharmacy.
Medical uses of Neurontin (Gabapentin)
Neurontin is widely used in combination with other drugs to prevent seizures. As well, it is prescribed to relieve nerve pain caused by shingles (a painful rash following herpes zoster infection). Neurontin is also known as an antiepileptic or anticonvulsant drug.
Neurontin also treats other kinds of nerve pain such as trigeminal neuralgia, diabetic neuropathy, peripheral neuropathy, and restless legs syndrome but it can be used in all these cases only if the drug has been prescribed by the doctor.
Instructions on how to use:
- Read attentively the Medication Guide before you start taking Neurontin (Gabapentin).
- It is very important to follow your physician’s dosing instructions exactly. If you are taking the Neurontin (Gabapentin) pills and your physician tells you to split the pill in half, take the other half-pill for your next dose.
- Take Neurontin (Gabapentin) orally with or without food as directed by your physician.
- If you have any questions about the use of the drug, ask your pharmacist or physician.
- The dosage is prescribed based on your condition and response to treatment. For children, the dosage depends on weight.
- If you are taking the Neurontin (Gabapentin) capsules, you should swallow them whole with a glass of water.
- During the first days of treatment, your physician may gradually increase the Neurontin (Gabapentin) dose so your body can get used to the drug.
- To prevent adverse effects, take the very first Neurontin (Gabapentin) dose at bedtime.
- If you are taking Neurontin (Gabapentin) 3 times a day to control your seizures, no more than twelve hours should pass between doses because the seizures may increase.
- Take the drug regularly in order to get the most out of it. Neurontin (Gabapentin) should be used at equispaced intervals at the same time(s) every day.
- Do not stop taking this medication without consulting your physician. Your condition may become even worse when Neurontin (Gabapentin) is abruptly stopped. The dose should be gradually decreased.
- Different forms of Neurontin (immediate-release, sustained-release, and enacarbil sustained-release) are absorbed differently. Never shift from one to the other without consulting your physician.
- Do not take this drug more often than prescribed or do not increase the dose without consulting your physician. The risk of adverse effects may increase and your condition will not improve any faster.
- Tell your physician if your condition worsens and does not improve.
- If you are taking an antacid, it is necessary to take Neurontin at least two hours after taking the antacid.
- It is recommended to buy Neurontin (Gabapentin) only by a prescription from your physician.
- loss of coordination,
- blurred/double vision, unusual eye movements,
- shaking (tremor).
Many people using Neurontin (Gabapentin) do not have serious side effects. If any of these adverse effects worsen or persist, you should contact your physician or pharmacist promptly.
Inform your physician immediately if any of these unlikely adverse effects occur:
- signs of infection such as a cough, fever, and sore throat.
- swelling of the hands/feet/ankles,
- depression, mental problems, and suicidal thoughts.
An allergic reaction to Neurontin is very rare. However, get medical help immediately if any symptoms of an allergic reaction are observed:
- face/tongue/throat itching/swelling,
- trouble breathing,
- severe dizziness.
- The medication is issued in the form of tablets and capsules. Neurontin treatment does not require laboratory monitoring. In accordance with medical prescriptions, it can be combined with other anticonvulsants.
- For patients with chronic kidney disease, it may be advisable to reduce the conventional dosage of Neurontin.
- When treating with Neurontin, one should adhere strictly to the doses prescribed by a specialist.
- In the case of an overdose of the drug, you should immediately consult a doctor.
- It is necessary to inform the doctor about other prescribed medications, in order to avoid the negative effects of their interaction.
- Data on the effect of Neurontin on the fetus of a pregnant woman are not available, therefore, in pregnancy, it is prescribed only in case of emergency.
- When prescribing the drug during lactation, breastfeeding should be stopped. Neurontin can cause certain side reactions from various organs and systems. If such situations arise, they should be reported immediately to the attending physician.
- Contraindications for the prescription of Neurontin include the age of up to 3 years and increased individual sensitivity to the main and auxiliary substances that make up the drug.
- Also when treating with Neurontin, you should avoid driving.